Challenge and Inspire. Know and Love.
At Boston Trinity Academy, our mission guides everything we do, and our mission-driven faculty, staff, and administration are the center of making it happen. We believe at the core of a great education are great teachers and a supportive administration. That is why we look for people who are experts in their field, passionate about their subject, and inspired by their Christian faith to know and love their students.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Professional development opportunities abound. Best of all, we are committed to creating a diverse community of care, trust, and support in which to work.
As you browse our website, you will discover what makes Boston Trinity Academy distinct. If this seems like a good fit, consider the opportunities below and reach out to the contact listed in each position.
Capital Campaign Associate
If you love inspiring people to make a difference in our world, then this job is for you!
In order to fulfill our mission, Boston Trinity Academy needs to undergo a major campus transformation to accommodate student growth, maximize student learning, and attract and retain the best and brightest students in a very competitive marketplace. The Capital Campaign Associate will assist the Director of Development in all aspects of our upcoming Capital Campaign. This position is directly tied to the Capital Campaign and will be paid for out of funds raised for the Campaign.
Boston Trinity Academy is seeking a passionate, adaptable, and detail-oriented individual to support the Development Department’s capital campaign. Development is responsible for advancing the mission of the school by engaging partners and raising funds. This individual will report directly to the Director of Development. Given small staffing, there is a large amount of collaboration and this position’s exact responsibilities will evolve over time to best balance priorities, workload, and strengths in the team. As the workload for the campaign fluctuates, this person will also assist in other Development related activities including but not limited to fundraising for the annual fund, organizing and executing annual fundraising events, and gift processing. For these reasons, adaptability, a positive attitude, and putting the team above oneself are necessary to thrive in this position.
- Project Management. In conjunction with the Director of Development, Capital Campaign Committee, and Campaign Consultant, implement campaign strategy, plan a course of action, create a complete campaign timeline, and ensure all parties stay on target with our goals. This will also include managing campaign volunteers and activities.
- Administration. Assist the Director of Development with administrative duties related to the Capital Campaign, including coordinating/scheduling meetings, prospect/solicitation spreadsheets, tracking donor contact notes, asks, pledges, and recognition, entering donations, keeping minutes, mailings, etc.
- Communications. Assist in the development of a campaign case statement, campaign
brochures, solicitation packets, email newsletters, social media posts, campaign
collateral, presentations, donor proposals, acknowledgements, etc. as needed.
- Grants. Research and write grants and manage grant recognition and reporting.
- Event Planning. Coordinate cultivation activities and special events, including arranging
all hospitality details, developing invitation lists, monitoring RSVP’s, ensuring all
necessary presentation materials are in place, etc.
- Stewardship. Assist with general stewardship duties regarding campaign donors,
pledges and pledge payments.
- Other. Attend Development team meetings and providing general support as a member of the Development team.
- * Excellent written and oral communication – professional writing experience a plus. *
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects independently, and complete an assignment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Work with minimal supervision and be flexible with rapidly changing needs.
- Work well and collaborate with diverse groups of people and be open to feedback.
- Sensibility for excellence, design, and beauty within a budget.
- Committed to customer service and a desire to “wow” our donors.
- Strong computer skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google Apps. Experience with any design and video editing software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut, iMovie, etc. a plus.
- Experience with grant writing, journalism, photography or videography a plus.
- Experience with fundraising software a plus (we use Veracross).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Enthusiasm for the school’s mission.
- Willingness to make a thoughtful financial gift to the school each year (most employees use payroll deduction)
- Select evening and weekend work
- Willingness to sign the school’s statement of faith
Compensation is dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please provide a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and your Myers Briggs personality type to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will only be contacted if you receive an interview. Free Myers Briggs test at: http://similarminds.com/jung.html or http://www.16personalities.com.
Being firmly committed to the teachings of historic Christianity, Boston Trinity Academy requires all employees to sign a statement of faith and adhere to a personal conduct policy that reflects our institutional beliefs.
Boston Trinity Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.